Friday 29 July 2011

Great Ormond Street Hospital: A Million Memories For A Million Pounds

Blogs can be used for lots of things, and one of them is to raise awareness of important campaigns. With that in mind, I want to share with you a campaign for what I consider to be one of the most amazing and worthy causes! G.O.S.H. is incredibly special to me as without their extraordinary care when I was a premature baby (diagnosed at the time as terminally ill), I wouldn't be alive today typing this. 
However, there are so many others that need treatment right now. In fact, they're dependent on it. It gives them hope for the future they could have; a future that they might never have imagined was possible before receiving such care. And G.O.S.H. are relying on you for help. Go to the link in the article below to potentially transform thousands of little lives. :) 
Personally, my first Disney memory happened at Disneyland Paris when I was little. I was wearing a Pluto scrunchie at the time (I was a cool kid...) and stood next to Pluto, who glanced at it and gave me a thumbs-up. What a proud moment ;) 
That's nothing compared to the other memories on the 'Disney Memories' page set up specifically for the campaign, though. See for yourself; they're truly heartwarming. It's lovely to see that so many kids' lives, which are otherwise fraught with difficulties that I can't even begin to imagine due to illness, have been transformed with a simple sprinkling of Disney magic. That is undoubtedly an experience they'll treasure for the rest of their lives, regardless of how much - or indeed how little - time they have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment